Under the general supervision of the Senior Accountant, the duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Identify and contact by email, companies billed for examiner billing.
2. Contact by email, delinquent examiner billing companies and follow up for payment.
3. Contact companies signed up for ePay and confirm the contact information.
4. Respond to queries regarding delinquent notices for examiner billing, retaliatory taxes, and excess line.
5. Review prior year revenue documentation for record retention period guidelines and identify documentation that need to be send to the archives.
6. Prepare necessary documentation for the Fire Insurance Fee audit and contact companies as necessary.
7. Perform general clerical duties including opening and filing mail.
8. Perform other duties as assigned
1. This position may include both in-office and remote work
2. Hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm
3. Does not provide parking but metered parking is available around the building.
1. Highly organized and careful worker, highly self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
2. High level of discretion handling confidential matters.
3. Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
4. Word processing skills/abilities are a mandatory component of the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required.
5. The Accountant 1 must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is necessary. Knowledge of automated accounting systems is expected. Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Report findings to management. Assign entries to proper accounts. Adhere to all document record keeping and
accounting systems procedures, making use of current computer technology.
Lot 1 Region 1