Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State agency that manages general services for the state.
Location: New York, NY
• Processing accounts payable invoices and rent expenses through CUNY proprietary system and ensuring interface New York State Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Track all rental expenses, operating statements, and financial schedules maintaining spreadsheets to support financial transactions and analyses of various expenditures.
• Assist in yearend reconciliations.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, business administration or finance from an accredited college.
• At least five years of accounting experience in general accounting and/or financial reporting, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
• Excellent writing, interpersonal, customer service and presentation skills.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and changing needs and priorities.
• Detail oriented, well organized; and ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work independently.
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License.
• Accounting experience in a New York State publicly funded organization.