• Coordinate State and City capital-related exercises and plans.
• Participate in preparing and completing the capital budget request book for the University.
• Conduct detailed analysis of requests for capital budget allocations for State and City projects undertaken by the University Capital Budget Office, which includes:
• review of project scopes of work, including contract change requests,
• quantitative and qualitative analysis of project costs,
• and preparation of written reports with recommendations.
• Enter budget funds and coding into Enterprise Resource Planning systems including Oracle PeopleSoft (State Financial System and CUNY First), NYC’s Financial Management System (FMS), and the PMWeb project management application.
• Review and coordinate the submissions of capital projects to the State and City of New York.
• Analyze data and other documents to ensure completeness and compliance with capital eligibility standards.
• Prepare analytical reports and briefings on related programmatic and budgetary issues.
• Use the SFS, FMS, PMWeb systems to review funding requests, process budget modifications, and make changes to align the capital plan to projects’ budget.
• Work with the Department of Design Construction and Management (DDCM), colleges, schools, and other CUNY departments to analyze and prioritize capital budget needs for inclusion in the Capital Commitment and financial plans, and the Ten-Year Capital Strategy.
• Work collaboratively with members of the University community and other agencies including oversight on financial plans, policy initiatives and other matters as necessary.
• Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills.
• Ability to use Excel formulas and pivot tables to analyze large data sets.
• Ability to effectively format spreadsheets for presentation and review.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Resourceful problem-solver who proactively seeks out answers to complex questions.
• Positive team-player committed to achieving both personal and shared goals.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SUBS SUBMIT BY 05-16-2023