Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State health agency.
Location: Albany, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Review incoming correspondence and draft responses where appropriate; review outgoing correspondence.
- Handle telephone calls and visitors to the office and respond to questions when necessary.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and travel when necessary.
- Maintain office filing systems (including electronic).
- Coordinate information flow by acting as the liaison among PMC staff, other DOH employees and the public.
- Operate equipment, which requires skilled use of keyboard and knowledge of Microsoft and other software to produce correspondence, reports and other agency documents.
- Scanning and saving in electronic format.
- Data entry into Microsoft Access, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Other duties as required.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office; may include Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point.
- Experience answering Phones in a professional manner.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks within a given day.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with the professional medical conduct process.