This New York State Agency is looking for an Executive Secretary/Administrative Assistant in our Executive Bureau in Albany. The candidate will function with a great degree of independence and confidentiality in providing professional level administrative support to Executive Office staff. The candidate must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Answers the telephone and greets visitors and staff promptly and professionally;
· Follows-up on responses to ensure that information is completed and received by established deadlines:
· Reviews information when received to ensure completeness and refers to Executive staff for action;
· Reviews and makes recommendations to the appropriate Executive staff on responses due or refers responses to the appropriate staff person;
· Researches complex or unusual inquiries and gathers information to support a response by the appropriate Executive staff person;
· With much latitude and significant knowledge of program areas, answers telephone calls and responds to questions concerning policy and procedures, and refers the most complex technical questions to the appropriate staff;
· With considerable knowledge and proficiency of computer technology software programs and applications, prepares and develops complex charts, graphs, spreadsheets, in addition to statistical and narrative information for the Executive level staff;
· Drafts confidential and sensitive responses to letters and other correspondence for the appropriate Executive staff review and signature;
· Assists in organization of Department legislative bills and bill position letters;
· Assists in reviewing and/or designing agency forms;
· Designs and maintains electronic as well as hard copy correspondence files;
· Schedules meetings, maintains Executive staff's calendar, schedules travel arrangements and hotel accommodations, and processes reimbursements through SFS;
· Oversees the maintenance of office supplies and ensures requisitions for supplies are requested in a timely manner;
· Arranges meetings or conference calls and works with subordinate staff to prepare and assemble materials for meetings and conference calls;
· Opens and review incoming correspondence and reports to determine their significance, and distributes to Executive Office staff or the appropriate staff person;
· Based on the correspondence or in conjunction with the Executive staff, will determine what information should be distributed to other staff and sets deadlines for their responses; and
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Prior experience providing administrative support in an office setting;
· Word processing skills/abilities are a major component of the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required. Strong familiarity with other computer systems, such as LATS, SFS (e.g., PRs, Travel Expense Reports), etc., is desirable;
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and adjust to last minute changes.