New York State Agency
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am – 5:00pm (40 Hour Work Week)
Telecommuting: No. These positions require full-time on-site presence.
Project Period: 8/1/22 – 1/31/23
· Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to use office machines including multiphone line, copier, fax/scanner
· Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced office environment and to meet deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint).
· Proficient in using technology to assist staff with scheduled virtual meetings and conferences.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritize workloads, multi-task, flexible and complete assignments within short timeframes.
· The Administrative Assistant will provide office and administrative support for staff. Responsibilities will include:
o managing staff calendars on a day-to-day basis,
o providing administrative support to format and prepare reports and presentation materials,
o establishing and maintaining electronic and hard copy files, tracking systems,
o monitoring bulk mail logs in Outlook,
o arranging travel arrangements and preparing related paperwork,
o scheduling in-person and virtual meetings and conference calls,
o compiling; prioritizing and distributing mail,
o maintaining an inventory of and ordering supplies,
o answering and routing phone calls, and
o other duties as assigned.