The Nursing Home Program is responsible for regulatory activities related to health care facilities.
1) Completes mandatory Federal (CMS) reports, data entry and tasks required for Federal reimbursement and to maintain RO compliance with Federal nursing home performance measures for surveillance activities.
2) Creates and maintains files according to Federal and NYS requirements.
3) Entering Survey Data in Aspen Central Office electronic Federal reporting system
4) Creating survey letters to providers, tracking survey event status in Federal system
5) Processing FOIL requests by identifying, retrieving, copying pertinent documents, drafting and submitting letters to Records Access Office
6) Processing and logging mail, fax, scanned documents
7) Organizing, binding, filing, purging survey documents per DOH policies
8) Creating electronic survey shells and preparing paper survey document packets
9) Generating CON and project reports and maintain data
10) Maintaining survey tracking log
11) Maintaining adequate office supplies for administrative and survey staff
12) Providing main reception desk coverage
13) Makes call downs to providers, gathering information and reporting per CO and RO requests (ad hoc)
The minimum qualifications include excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel, as well as other tracking and database systems required for completion of essential tasks necessary to maintain compliance with mandatory Federal and NY State surveillance activities for over 90 skilled nursing homes and adult day health care facilities.
Preferred qualifications include familiarity with health care facility surveillance and complaint incidents and investigation correspondence and reporting; familiarity and knowledge of the ASPEN System, Health Commerce System (HCS) and the applications within the HCS such as NYSECON (New York State Electronic Certificate of Need), HFIS (Health Facilities Information Systems) and E-POC (Electronic Plan of Correction). Prior experience working in the NYSDOH MARO Nursing Home Program is preferred.
The successful candidates should be dependable, highly motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable working autonomously, and work well with others.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SUBS SUBMIT BY 02-27-2023