Position Type: Temp
Location: New York, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
Candidates will function with a great degree of independence in providing professional level administrative support directly to Executive staff. An ability to function in a fast-paced and results driven environment is critical. Discretion, tact, confidentiality and diplomacy skills are essential. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Executive level scheduling of meetings (in-person and virtual), calls and conferences;
2. Manages ongoing communications with external stakeholders and Department staff, ensuring prompt responses and scheduling and preparation of relevant meetings and communications;
3. Prepares and edits materials for Executive Staff for meetings, briefings, testimony, conferences and presentations, requiring interaction with multiple stakeholders and organizational skills. Ensures that materials are concise, accurate and relevant to the audience;
4. Assists staff in the coordination of various activities, projects and programs among the Department's Executive Office, other Divisions of the Department, other state stakeholders and regulated institutions;
5. Researches and provides oral or written reports on issues, topics and events that are of interest to the division or business unit;
6. Reviews correspondence between external parties and elevates relevant correspondence when necessary; drafts responses to correspondence as assigned by Executive Staff or to general correspondence not within the jurisdiction of any of the operational or other Divisions within the Department;
7. Schedules travel arrangements and prepares expense reports for Executive Staff;
8. Answers telephone, makes calls, and greets visitors (when in-person meetings are scheduled) promptly and professionally, ensuring that schedules are kept, and stakeholders' inquiries are promptly responded to; and
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High level executive support, scheduling and coordination experience.
2. Highly organized and careful worker, highly self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
3. High level of discretion handling confidential matters.
4. Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
5. Word processing skills/abilities are a mandatory component of the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc. is required. Knowledge of Webex and Powerpoint is a plus.
6. Strong familiarity with other computer systems, such as SFS (e.g., PRs, Travel Expense Reports), etc., is desirable. Previous understanding of Concur is a plus.
Education & Experience requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of C-Suite Executive Assistant Experience managing multiple executives.
Other knowledge, skills & abilities:
High attention to detail