Administrative Support Specialist
Duties include but are not limited to:
1) Makes outbound calls to customers with scheduled appointment times to answer in depth/level 2 telephone inquiries from schools, parents and students daily using a PC and financial aid resources to obtain data. A detailed knowledge of the HESC processing systems as well as in-depth knowledge of the various Federal Financial Aid Programs, the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), other Grants and Scholarship programs. Navigates between several program systems, mainframe sessions, databases, and web screens efficiently to provide information effectively. Have knowledge of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
2) Obtains, confirms, and interprets necessary data and correctly conveys verbally such, using available technological systems. Accuracy in obtaining and disseminating information is extremely important.
3) Handles all processing issues. Processes transactions and updates online.
4) Maintains follow-up system for tracking problem issues that are received over the phone to ensure problem resolution. Processes transactions and updates on-line.
5) Enforces final denial decisions made on complicated accounts and difficult processing problems.
6) Routes calls to appropriate individuals or divisions within the Agency, other State agencies, various Federal program areas and servicers or colleges as necessary. Information given must be accurate and provided in a courteous and prompt manner.
7) Utilizes required technology appropriately i.e. VCC telephone System/AUX event buttons.
8) Completes required training set forth by the agency.
9) Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.