Assistant Director of Research & Data Integrity
Location : Remote Hybrid (New York, NY)
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Master's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Research & Data Integrity to engage in application development for the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program for New York State. The Assistant Director is responsible for ensuring that data is effectively used to drive decision-making throughout the agency. Reporting to the Director for Research and Strategic Analysis, the Assistant Director is accountable for ensuring that reports and analyses are accurate and timely and that the data is effectively utilized and integrated by the management team to drive program quality. The Assistant Director will also coordinate internal research efforts that assists the agency in building a body of knowledge about the impacts of programs and funding on New York State residents and businesses. The Assistant Director will also aid the Director in providing central coordination for the public presentation of data about storm recovery efforts statewide and may also periodically coordinate and help manage outside researchers to build a body of knowledge about the impacts of our agencies programs and funding on New York State residents and businesses.
• Manage a team in the development and maintenance of performance management reports and ad hoc data analysis to support program operations.
• Lead the reporting duties for Research and Strategic Analysis.
• Lead in training and creating systems for data quality management for Research and Strategic Analysis.
• Coordinate with the communications team in the presentation of data to the public.
• Create project plans for new projects and update project plans as the project progresses.
• Provide project management support for ongoing projects and support to other team members throughout the duration of research projects.
• Communicate project status and risks, as well as manage risks with stakeholders.
• Coordinate and work closely with our staff and stakeholders.
• Provide support to the Director of Research and Strategic Analysis and Assistant Director of GIS.
• Provide support to the Chief Policy & Research Officer.
• Aid the Director of Research and Strategic Analysis and Assistant Director of GIS in coordinating with academics and other researchers to describe the impact of the agencies activities on State residents and businesses.
Required Qualifications :
• Master’s degree required.
• A minimum of 3 years in an analytical and policy role, 1 year of supervisory experience required.
• Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research designs and statistical analysis techniques.
• Excellent oral, written, and quantitative skills.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
• Exceptional ability to use data to make decisions.
• Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access.
• Experience with a statistical and data software such as R, SQL, Stata, SAS, or SPSS.
• Experience with ArcGIS software.
• Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced, mission-driven environment.