· Duties: Working independently, but under the supervision and direction of attorneys, negotiate with multiple legal counsel and property managers on dozens of license agreements across NYC whose terms include fees, NYC Building Code construction protections required for adjoining properties, owner/contractor responsibilities, assessment of and reimbursement for reasonable professional fees of licensor, and insurance. Analyze safety protections and need for vibration monitoring. Assemble exhibits, redact confidential information, and flag issues for internal stakeholders (including construction management team, engineers, safety officers). Consistently follow-up with internal stakeholders and external parties to ensure timely execution.
· Desired Characteristics/Skills:
· Ability to navigate through a complex organization to accomplish legal and project objectives.
· Ability to negotiate contract details and to work with counterpart parties to achieve agreement.
· Ability to make decisions under pressure.
· Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work quickly.
· Sound business judgment.
Specific Skills Required for Position: JD from an accredited law school. 3 years’ experience negotiating license/access agreements between developers/owners of construction projects and adjoining property owners.
Minimum Qualification: Basic understanding of construction terminology, concepts, and drawings relevant to protections required by the NYC Building Code to protect adjoining properties. Familiarity with the noticing requirements of NYC Building Code Chapter 33.