· Evaluate transactions for completeness against a checklist
· Communicate with Departmental programs with requests for missing documentation
· Review contracts and supporting documentation for alignment and accuracy
· Create contract receipts in Statewide Financial System (SFS)
· Correspond with vendors notifying them of claim adjustments or to obtain corrections to invoices submitted to ensure expenditure information is accurately entered into the fiscal system
· Manage workflow of invoices received by entering information into tracking system, advising management of issues encountered while processing, and ensuring payments are made to vendors in a timely manner
· Respond to inquiries from management staff as well as contracted vendors regarding payments and claims status.
· Reconcile COVID payments for the Bureau of Contracts.
Additional skill preferred:
· Have a strong knowledge of the NYS Statewide Financial System and/or the NYS Grants Gateway.
· Ability to analyze data and apply basic Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) when necessary.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
· Good written and oral communication skills, as well as good organizational skills.