The employee will assist the Office of Health Insurance (OHIP), Division of Employee and Program Support (DEPS) with tasks including but not limited to:
1. Use FileNet, the invoice database system used by OGS Business Services Center (BSC), to access work items, work with supporting documents, e-mail documents, research FileNet and prepare responses regarding invoice payments, and check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions that were entered in FileNet.
2. Use the Statewide Financial System (SFS), NYS government’s accounting and financial management system, to access, research and enter financial data related to various contracts and contract invoices.
3. Enter numbers accurately, completely and routinely into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for the purpose of tracking information related to various contracts and contract invoices.
4. Assist staff with processing employee and non-employee travel invoices, as assigned.
5. Operate office equipment such as a photocopier, calculator, and computer to complete assigned tasks.
6. Attend regular team meetings for assignments and updates on processes and procedures.
7. Other related duties as assigned.
Additional Skill Level, Experience or Other Requirements:
The preferred candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
· Working knowledge of MS Outlook
· Working knowledge of MS Excel
· Able to work independently as well as in group settings
· Possess good written and verbal communication skills