Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State health agency.
Location: Albany, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
This position is located within the DOS, Bureau of Medical Review Call Center and Administrative Staff Support unit. This position has multiple responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Answering telephone inquiries from healthcare providers, members caregivers and advocacy groups related to prior approval of medical services such as durable medical equipment, medical supplies, hearing aids, private duty nursing and out of state inquiries involving nursing home placement and other out of state procedures.
• Escalating complex inquires that cannot be answered with available information to appropriate staff.
• Guiding and educating providers, as well as members, on where to locate pertinent policy information.
• Assisting providers to troubleshoot our prior approval system(s).
• Performing data entry into excel spreadsheets and other tracking tools.
• Monitoring incoming emails and/or faxes from a shared mailbox and forward to the appropriate staff.
• Sending faxes through e-mail supported fax mailbox.
• Distributing fair hearing request and decisions to appropriate staff.
• Processing change request forms according to defined procedure.
• Supporting claims processing when other duties are finished.
• Maintaining a positive and professional demeanor always.
• All other activities as may be deemed necessary.
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Experience with Microsoft Word and with Basic Excel functions
• Proficient in the use of standard office technology, to include fax machines, document scanners and copiers
• Ability to be flexible, innovative, and work in a team environment