This position serves in the Vaccine Call Center in the Bureau of Immunization, with duties related primarily to ensuring accountability and accuracy of vaccine orders placed by providers registered in the Vaccines for Children (VFC) and Vaccines for Adults (VFA) Programs. Duties include:
· Answer the Vaccine Call Center telephone, field questions from the general public and health care providers and/or refer callers to subject matter experts;
· Review and process vaccine orders, which includes communication with healthcare providers to ensure orders are accurately completed and use of the online New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS);
· Process reports of expired/spoiled vaccine from provider offices and convey information to supervisors;
· Enter data into the online Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS) and verify provider demographics and vaccine return processing;
· Track provider information related to vaccine purchases and expired/spoiled vaccine information and present information in a clear, concise format;
· Track vaccine inventory related to emergency preparedness activities;
· Track receipt and ensure completeness of provider enrollment forms, both for new enrollees and during the annual renewal period. Maintain and update provider profiles as necessary;
· Contact providers to obtain and verify demographic and/or patient profile information;
· Assist Statistical Unit with entering data into the Communicable Disease Electronic Surveillance System (CDESS), including but not limited to all influenza cases and other vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs).
Experience reviewing information for completeness and accuracy; attention to detail; experience using Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and Outlook); experience using online (web-based) computer systems; excellent communication skills, including telephone skills and customer service; ability to work independently and prioritize work load.