• Conduct audits of entities who received federal funding for compliance with Uniform Guidance and terms of the federal funding award.
• Ability to work independently.
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
• Participate in the audit process, including survey, fieldwork and reporting.
• Participate in the development of audit plans and programs by reviewing relevant documents, records and reports related to the particular entity to be audited.
• Meet with auditee's representatives to describe the nature of the audit that will be conducted and establish the audit protocols.
• Conduct interviews of auditee's staff to obtain required and necessary information for the conduct of audits.
• Examine source documents used by the entities being audited to obtain documentation needed to accomplish audit objectives.
• Participate in writing audit findings and reports and recommending appropriate corrective action.
• Must be able to travel to the various entities within New York State. Some overnight travel will be required and reimbursed in accordance with NYS Office of the State Comptroller travel guidelines
Region 1 lot 4
• Must have a bachelor's degree including or supplemented by 24 undergraduate or graduate credit hours in accounting and/or auditing.
• Professional accounting and/or auditing experience in one or more of the following areas:
1. As an internal accountant/auditor with responsibility for conducting a full range of accounting/auditing activities for an entity.
2. As a professional staff member of a private accounting/auditing practice with broad experience in conducting financial compliance, economy and efficiency, or program results audits.
3. As a field auditor with a federal, state, or municipal agency, with the responsibility for conducting comprehensive audits of governmental agencies in accordance with generally accepted government audit standards to determine the compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.