Sources HRI and PBC customers’ procurement needs; communicates with suppliers regarding purchase agreements, disputes or questions related to price, delivery or specification; gathers information for use in purchasing decisions; evaluates purchasing options; places purchase orders for materials, equipment, merchandise and supplies; follows up on orders; reviews contract pricing for materials purchased for the organization to ensure that the agency is receiving the appropriate pricing per contracts; reviews and investigates invoice discrepancies versus the purchase order; assists with data validations to determine best overall financial and clinical value.
• Processes purchase orders for materials, equipment, merchandise, supplies and services.
• Enters purchase orders into Materials Management Information System and coordinates item numbers with Content Management Team.
• Follows‐up to ensure orders are confirmed with supplier and delivers confirmation to the customer. Investigates price discrepancies and reports to Strategic Sourcing Manager for resolution.
• Expedites purchase orders, as necessary.
• Follows‐up on all receiving/delivery and return issues.
• Ensures that the organization policies and procedures are followed in the purchasing process.
• Assists with end user training for the process of placing orders electronically; provides the end user with specific guidelines on how the system operates and the procedures that should be followed for placing orders electronically.
• Assists Strategic Sourcing Managers with data validations/analysis for the OR Value Analysis Committee, GPO initiatives and other projects as required.
• Presents data validations and analysis to management; participates indecision making based on analysis.
• Obtains contract pricing from vendor and/or group purchasing organizations; assists with verification that pricing is at the appropriate tier levels and is market competitive.
• Researches, analyzes and monitors purchasing trends and new product development to capitalize on potential opportunities and to minimize costs. Research available product options to compare pricing and specifications.
• Develops additional or alternate sources of supply.
• Makes recommendations for potential contracts.
• Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, and compliance standards.
• Enhances professional growth and development by participating in educational programs, distributing, and reading current literature, conducting, and participating in in‐service meetings and workshops.
• Prepares other written documentation as required by the profession and the department; maintains, distributes, analyzes, and projects information for required records, reports and statistics as directed.
• Attends meetings as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• High proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform complex cost validations.
• Proficiency in the use of pivot tables, data reporting and MMIS systems.
• Organized and follow through on outstanding items.