Function(s) to be performed by the requested staff member:
• Computer Skills. Utilize Word, Excel, and other computer languages to prepare and edit correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and charts. Documents are grammatically correct, in a proper format, and free of typographical errors. All documents are proofread before being given to the supervisor.
• Records Management. Establishes and maintains the Unit's files in accordance with departmental procedures. Correspondence and other documents are filed accurately and timely (at least weekly). Completed files are transferred to Central Records timely, correctly, and completely.
• Special Projects (including the coordination of the Unit's, Division's, or Department's assigned motor vehicles) Assign vehicles to staff. Accurately maintain daily logs; and schedules and coordinates maintenance for vehicles. Performs all special projects in a comprehensive, accurate, and timely manner.
• Support Function for Department. Fills in for clerical/administrative personnel in the temporary absence of Division/Department clerical personnel. When necessary, provides support to other areas of the Department. Assignments performed timely and completely. Maintains appropriate skills needed to perform assigned duties.
• Communications: Speak and write clearly and concisely; summarize conversations to ensure understanding. Respond promptly to all communication; provide feedback, and keeps the supervisor informed.
• Proficient in Excel, ability to create and update logs periodically.