Computer Support Specialist
This position serves in the Vaccine Program in the Bureau of Immunization. Duties include:
· Learn, use and assist others with multiple online systems, including the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS), the Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS), and SharePoint.
· Answer the Vaccine Call Center telephone, field questions from the general public and/or refer callers to subject matter experts.
· Review and process vaccine orders using NYSIIS and communicate with healthcare providers to ensure orders are accurately completed.
· Enter data into the Vaccine Tracking System (VTrckS) and verify provider demographics and vaccine return processing.
· Track receipt of provider enrollment forms, both for new enrollees and during the annual renewal period. Maintain SharePoint database of enrollment forms.
· Perform tasks associated with mailings or faxes to health care providers including provider registration forms or other informational materials.
Experience using Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, and Outlook); experience using online (web-based) computer systems; excellent communication skills, including telephone skills and customer service; ability to work independently and prioritize work load; experience reviewing data; attention to detail.