Data Entry and Word Processing
Monitor application request online and mail out applications for RTS Access services
• Open incoming applications and review for completeness
• Notify applicants if application is incomplete and advise what is needed
• Enter and maintain applicant data to include: date application received, application status and case closure
• Generate recertification reports, and mail out initial and follow-up notices
• Call and schedule appointments for interviews/functional assessments, and arranging transportation if needed
• Answer phones and address customer inquiries (internal and external) within 2 business days or less
• Process Access replacement ID card requests
• Prepare appeal packets
• Maintain application files, from start to finish; including processing of eligibility letters, printing Access ID cards and mailing of eligibility documentation
• General administrative duties, including filing, purging, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation. Skill in composition
• Knowledge of MS operating system with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Good communications skills, ability to work effectively with both customers and employees
• Good organizational skills and ability to work independently and to follow through on work assignments
• Maintain a professional appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear and use a computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability
8 hours a day
• Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
• From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• At times additional hours may be needed due to work volume, but will not exceed 8 hours in any given day or more than 40 hours in any given week.