Data Entry & Word Processor
Operate data entry equipment with alphabetic and numeric keyboard; enter, verify, update, correct and retrieve information; enter information with speed and accuracy. Use word processor/computer or typewriter to prepare letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. Review and correct drafts for compliance with originals. Edit using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling. Enter and retrieve data on computer terminals. Duties may include verifying data and preparing materials for printing. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Duties include time stamping, opening, reading, sorting, and routing incoming mail; sealing, stamping, and affixing postage to outgoing mail or packages; and keeping necessary records and completed forms.
- Opening mail
- Counting mail
- Sort incoming mail by type
- Evaluate applications to ensure proper documentation is submitted. This will include navigating various systems
- For applications that do not have proper documentation, process rejection notice and send to customer. This will include analyzing documents and requesting additional information
- For applications that have proper documentation, process transactions in computer system
- Quality assurance check of all applications to be processed through a remittance processor
- Various clerical office duties as assigned
Note for COVID 19:
- Any person entering a New York State office building is required to wear a mask in common areas, i.e. hallways, bathrooms, break rooms, etc.
- Employee will be screened daily, including a temperature check and general health questions.
- When unable to social distance within an office, employee is required to wear a mask. Masks can be provided if needed.
- Whenever possible, meetings will be held virtually rather than in-person.