Executive Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
1. Prepare correspondence, reports and other documents utilizing software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. File and maintain file system and current project assignment files. Typing and mailing projects will also be required.
3. Gather data relevant to complex or unusual inquiries in order to provide a basis for a reply or decision and/or draft the reply.
4. Monitor and track status of program activities.
5. Schedule meetings/interviews.
6. Transmit instructions from supervisor to appropriate staff and follow up to see that instructions are followed and deadlines are met.
7. Review work to ensure compliance with instructions.
8. Open, review, sort and distribute the mail in accordance with staff assignments. Review incoming correspondence and establish follow-up deadlines.
9. Respond to incoming calls, respond to questions concerning policies or procedures, and refer calls to appropriate staff member for technical information.
10. Maintain inventory of office supplies and arrange for office equipment maintenance and service.
11. Assist managers with the development and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for various units within the CBO.
12. Perform other clerical and secretarial duties as necessary.
Minimum Requirements and Skills
Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, etc. Proficiency in keyboarding and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Good customer service and interpersonal skills as well as teamworking, organization and time management skills. Attention to detail. Tact, discretion and diplomacy.