Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares documents neatly, accurately and in a timely manner. Edits and prioritizes documents. Formats documents according to generally accepted guidelines.
· Fields and routes telephone calls. Communicates with the public, state agencies and other law enforcement agencies on the telephone and in person.
· Schedules appointments, meetings, interviews and trainings for staff and logs and monitors all entries in the office calendar.
· Distributes correspondence to staff and ensures correspondence is processed and tracked in a timely manner.
· Assist other departments as necessary including the IT Department (support and/or troubleshooting under the direction of the IT department), and the Finance and Budget Department (filing, data entry, etc. under the direction of the department)
· Assist in the overall upkeep of the office (some light moving/maintenance/housekeeping work, in addition to coordinating with building maintenance and janitorial staff).
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Normal working hours for this position are currently set at 9:00 - 17:00. These hours are subject to change with minimal notice but will always consist of an eight-hour shift between the hours of 8:00- 18:00.
· Selected applicant must complete a background questionnaire, confidentiality agreement and submit to a fingerprint check.
· Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with supervisors, employees and the public. Works well in a professional, team-oriented office setting.
· Required computer skills include word processing and spreadsheet proficiency, and experience with computerized case management systems.
· Multi-tasks, plans, organizes and prioritizes work effectively.