Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
· Provides overall clerical and administrative support for the Division, including: scheduling meetings and coordinating conference calls; timely distribution and flow of mail; answering and routing telephone calls and providing follow-up as appropriate; copying. scanning and faxing; organizing and maintaining files; and booking conference and meeting rooms.
· Reviews, proofreads, and handles correspondence including executive correspondence, ensures Department of Health rules for formatting correspondence are adhered to. Ensures letters are copied to the appropriate Department letter head, including e-mail. Composes and handles assigned correspondence to staff and external customers. Recognizes and appropriately handles material which are confidential.
· Serves as Departmental or Division receptionist, as appropriate.
· Helps enforce confidentiality procedures.
· Assists with the preparation of spreadsheets, charts, tables, slides, SharePoint items and other materials for Department staff preparing presentations and reports.
· Triages live telephone calls from Medicaid members, provider's and other members of the public by taking messages and forwarding the calls to the correct bureaus in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
· Assists with review of incoming correspondence for distribution and assists in drafting responses, when appropriate. Transmits correspondence instructions to staff and conducts tracking and follow-up.
· If, needed, handles travel arrangements and reimbursement as requested for all staff.
· Ensures that electronic and paper documents, including meeting minutes, budget documents, reports, records and memos, are filed properly in the electronic files and can be easily retrieved when needed i.e., without the need for extensive searching.
· Maintains a positive, professional demeanor at all times.
· Provides support for back-up coverage, as appropriate, and provides coverage for other administrative areas, as needed.
· Assists with all other activities as may be deemed necessary
Additional Skill Level, Experience or Other Requirements:
Experience with scheduling in Outlook
Experience with WebEx and Teams
Experience with a multi-line phone
Very good customer service skills
Ability to multi-task