Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
The successful candidate will assist with administrative functions related to the Bureau of Project Management and the New York State Certificate of Need (CON) program. As the lead support staff in the Bureau, some of these tasks will include:
· Answering high volume of phone calls from main office line which may include trouble shooting routine questions about the CON process or NYSE-CON (electronic CON database) issues.
· Scheduling complex meetings and conference calls with internal Department staff and external CON project applicants (i.e. attorneys, consultants, health care executives);
· Formatting and proofreading documents in Microsoft Word for the Public Health and Health Planning Council (PHHPC) meeting exhibits;
· Scanning/photocopying materials for the PHHPC agenda book;
· Perform extensive data entry into an Access database that will rely upon accurate typing skills as the information is visible to the public;
· Upload documents and assign to correct categories into the NYSE-CON database.
· Logging in all mail;
· Logging in checks and preparing deposit slips from CON project application filing fees and approval fees received;
Routine typing, photocopying and
Minimum qualifications include excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, strong experience with Word and Access or other comparable electronic databases; the ability to work on a team and handle multiple, shifting priorities, good organizational skills.
Preferred qualifications include extensive experience with scheduling a high volume of meetings and conference calls, strong verbal communication skills, attention to detail and proofreading skills, ability to multi-task, familiarity with and knowledge of the Certificate of Need (CON) process and the NYSE-CON database, and prior experience working in a New York State Department of Health environment.