Facilities & Operations Assistant
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Operations Manager with day-to-day operations of the facility(s) including supplies, life-safety, engineering, interaction with Building staff, and general maintenance.
• Functioning as contact person for facilities services; preparation of cubicles, office areas, and setup of training and conference rooms for use by arranging furniture and equipment as needed.
• Interfacing with the Operations Manager on all onsite facilities repairs, set-up of rooms, and maintenance of purchased equipment.
• Under the direction of the Operations Manager, responds promptly to requests for building maintenance, repairs, etc. Deals with urgent matters such as water leaks, etc. by exercising initiative and common sense.
• Responsible for the proper execution of Evacuation Plans as well as serving as a fire warden for the office.
• Helps compile information necessary to ensure all site-specific documentation and reports are completed accurately and on-time, keeping all supply closets/storage spaces orderly and well documented.
• Proactively inspects the facility, systems, rooms, common areas, etc. and reports back any findings or issues to the Operations Manager.
• Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Performs additional duties as may be assigned by Facilities Manager.
• Assist with coordinating employee seating moves and department floor moves, as needed and directed.
• Monthly Inspection of First Aid kits and other life-safety equipment.
• Daily walk thru of building checking lights, temperature, cleanliness, and employee satisfaction.
• Basic knowledge of Security Card access systems.
• Distribution of PPE equipment and supplies as necessary.
• A minimum of 2 years’ Facilities Administration experience.
• Must be available for occasional after-hours or weekend work if needed. (Infrequent).
• Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Windows-based computers and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills needed, including ability to use spreadsheets.
• Professional demeanor and strong customer service skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to demonstrate reliability and dependability.
• Able to reliably and effectively stand in for the Operations Manager when they are absent.
• OSHA Training or experience desired.
• Familiarity with commercial building automated work order systems helpful.
• Knowledge of local building codes and regulations helpful.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
• Ability to periodically move boxes, furniture and computer equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. using proper safety techniques and equipment.
• Ability to position self to install computer equipment, including under desks when needed.
• Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.