Family and General Practitioner
New York State Addiction Center in Brooklyn is seeking General Practitioners
· Conducts medical examinations of patients and coordinates treatment.
· Reviews medical history and clarifies information with patient.
- Examines patients by conducting physical examinations and recording results.
- Takes or orders specimens, smears, blood tests, X-rays, and other tests.
- Orders tests to supplement the examination and to assist in evaluating patient signs, symptoms, and problems.
- Evaluates patient condition and makes diagnosis of patient problems.
- Discusses findings of examinations and tests with patients and recommends approaches to improving health and well-being.
- Administers treatments and e-prescribes medications and other treatments to treat illnesses and health problems
- Follows up with contracted pharmacy and problem solves issues and concerns with medications
- Conducts follow-up examinations and tests to determine patient condition and benefits of treatment programs and revises treatment in response to findings.
- Records patient information, diagnosis, prescriptions, treatments, and patient response to treatment and medication.
- Conducts sick call by evaluating patient condition, determining restrictions of patient activities based on findings, and excusing patients from work or other activities or recommending limitations on activities.
- Refers patients to medical specialists or other treatment providers, discusses patients with them, and assists in planning and implementing treatment or coordinates treatment based on their findings and recommendations.
- Discusses patient condition, treatment, and prognosis with family members and caregivers and answers their questions.
- Coordinates and supervises the treatment and care of an assigned group of patients.
- Supervises the health and patient care activities of nursing and other direct care staff.
- Supervision of other medical staff.
- Assigns staff to patients and patient care activities and programs, consults with staff about patients, and approves treatment and health care plans.
- Designs and implements treatment and health care and health education programs.
- Reviews patient records, assures that treatments are appropriate and within normal parameters for the diagnoses, and assures that records are properly maintained.
Participates in discharge planning and approves the discharge of patients.
a. Licensed to practice medicine in New York State, possession of a M.D., M.B.B.S., or D.O. degree;
b. Completion of one year of post-graduate training acceptable to the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education of the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or as listed in the Directory of Approved Residency Training Programs), and
c. One year of work experience subsequent to the one year of post-graduate training. *
d. Have a DEA certification.
*Requires eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs, which must be maintained for continued employment. Failure to do so may result in the termination of employment.
e. Certified to prescribe Buprenorphine (Suboxone), or agreeable to be trained to become certified if not already certified.