Federal Stimulus Support Analyst
Position Type: Temp
Agency: Largest urban university system in the United States
Location: New York, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
The primary job function of the Federal Stimulus Support Analyst is to support compliance and reporting functions of the University related to its receipt of Education Stabilization Funds from the federal government.
• Review quarterly claim submissions from university campuses against their allocated stimulus balance. Interact with key college personnel to obtain necessary support, edits and clarification around these submissions.
• Summarize submissions and prepare drawdown requests for review and approval by the
University Executive Controller.
• Prepare quarterly reporting for review and approval by the University Executive Controller in
compliance with the US Department of Education requirements.
• Analyze college’s Bursar Department and Continuing Education Department trial balances for irregularities in the general ledger accounts. Work with the colleges to remediate any accounting discrepancies.
• Analyze cash receipts to ensure completeness and accuracy of records; reconcile to information to other internal reports prepared by Office of Budget and Finance.
• Compile and prepare materials for audit and external compliance activities, assist in preparing audit schedules and providing support for auditor requests.
• Track and maintain financial data to provide fiscal reports to management.
• Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
• Perform related duties as assigned.