Financial Data Analyst
With over 30 years of serving the NYC Metropolitan area, Penda Aiken, Inc. is one of the prime talent acquisition firms in the Northeast corridor. Our industry specialists work one-on-one with our clients and candidates, guiding them in finding the right solutions for all parties and delivering customized solutions for the best possible outcome.
Are you a dynamic financial analyst with a passion for data and insights? Our client is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team, providing impactful analyses and reports that contribute to informed decision-making. If you're skilled in SQL, Microsoft Excel, and financial reporting, and you're eager to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to apply and join us in optimizing operational performance through data-driven strategies.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare high-quality financial analyses/reports using SQL and Microsoft Excel, presenting complex ideas in a straightforward manner.
- Develop and automate queries/scripts for periodic reports, contributing to efficiency and accuracy.
- Clean, manipulate, and analyze large datasets to extract actionable insights.
- Understand data relationships within the Data Warehouse and ensure integration of accurate and complete data sources.
- Conduct business analysis and research to identify key metrics and opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver effective presentations on complex topics, facilitating clear communication.
- Write policies/procedures and document methodologies used in creating analyses.
- Utilize data visualization tools, such as Microsoft Power BI (a plus), to enhance insights.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in financial reporting, advanced analytics, and delivering actionable insights from data using SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.