Human Resources Assistant
Brooklyn, NY (On-site)
8:00am-4:30pm, or 9:00am-5:30pm
$45,630-$53,850 depending on experience
1st Virtual, 2nd In-Person
This role is responsible for Human Resources administrative activities for our temporary staff. You will act as a liaison and ensure smooth communication between Human Resources, department managers, employees, and clients.
- Responsible for employment verification, background check and process terminations
- Enters employee data into ATS, disciplinary action notes, address changes, telephone number changes, etc.
- Manage temporary staff exits, ensure databases are updated, and exit packets provided.
- Distribute HR policies to employees and participate in monthly staff meetings.
- Distribute required compliance trainings including sexual harassment.
- Oversee New Hire Log management and Manage Termination log ensure all information is entered correctly.
- Monthly insurance and background check bill review and correction of errors.
- Completes special assignments and projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or related field preferred.
- 2 years’ experience supporting an HR department.
- Comfortable using applicant tracking software (ATS).
- Microsoft Office Suite experience and MS Teams virtual
- Must be detail oriented and a team Player
- Must be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required.
- Strong interpersonal skills. And the ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Bilingual Spanish a big plus.
With over 30 years of serving the NYC Metropolitan area, Penda Aiken, Inc. is one of the prime talent acquisition firms in the Northeast corridor. Our industry specialists work one-on-one with our clients and candidates, guiding them in finding the right solutions for all parties and delivering customized solutions for the best possible outcome.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.