Human Resources Coordinator
This role is full-time, on site in our Brooklyn office for the first 3 months, with a hybrid schedule thereafter. The salary is $57,000 - $65,000.
This role is responsible for the Human Resources department is seeking an experienced HR Coordinator to handle temporary staffing administrative activities for the HR Director and support other department managers and staff. You will facilitate all key HR functions, programs, and staffing engagements.
- Initiate onboarding processes for all new hires including employment verification, system entries, applicant in-take, documents assimilation, and collection of required documents.
- Coordinate completion of all steps of the pre-employment process including background checks, reference checks, and collection of required documents (license, degrees, credentials, etc.)
- Assist with benefits administration for all employees ensuring information is distributed and collected and entering employee information into healthcare portals.
- Address issues raised by current and future employees in matters related to employment, compensation, and labor relations, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Act as liaison between Human Resources, employees, and clients.
- Manage all in-house and temporary staff human resources processes including orientations and off-boarding.
- Maintain and update employee ATS (Akken) systems.
- Assist with new system data migration, employee training, and implementation.
- Responsible for data analytics and compliance reporting.
- Responsible for quarterly government reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; or equivalent education and/or experience
- 1-2 years' experience supporting an HR department.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience, MS Teams virtual and comfortable usage of ATS tracking software
- Must be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication skills and motivation skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Bilingual Spanish a big plus.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.