Junior Business Analyst (Entry-Level)
Location : Remote Hybrid (New York, NY)
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are looking for a skilled Junior Business Analyst, who is focused on problem solving and adapting to our agencies changing needs. The role will focus around one-specific application, Elations, a cloud-based Davis-Bacon Labor and Contract compliance reporting and management system and will potentially expand to other areas. The primary priority will be around Training/Troubleshooting/Technical & Support Documentation; and, the secondary priority will be around supporting project management and business analysis around enhancement requests.
Training/Troubleshooting/Help Desk Support; Technical Documentation
• Develop technical documentation and FAQ documentation
• Develop training materials, conduct trainings and provide ongoing troubleshooting and support
• Responds to Elation Help Desk queries (via telephone or email) for both internal and external clients seeking help related to the Elation System application.
• Diagnoses and resolves technical issues for end-users of the Elation System application. Assists in establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures, capacity building and knowledge transfer documentation on various functionalities of Elation System application, in collaboration with Elation Systems Support Services Team.
Project Management/Business Analysis
• Support and lead project management of several activities, from business process analysis and re-engineering to the analysis and improvement of organizational structures. This role requires you to “roll up your sleeves” and do what is necessary to deliver the project.
• Facilitate stakeholder decision-making and communication. Given the wide range of priorities and the need for collaboration, you should be knowledgeable and customer-oriented, possessing strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Interview clients and documenting detailed business process flows
• Conduct analyses and designing technology solutions
• Develop test plans and conducting extensive testing of applications and features
• Troubleshoot critical issues and bring a calm presence to facilitate issue resolution
Required Qualifications :
• Excellent analytical skills, logical and structured thinking, creative in problem solving
• Superior personal and interpersonal attributes (e.g. communication and soft skills, ability to work in a team, results-oriented and a performance-oriented work style, creativity, entrepreneurial qualities, personal maturity)
• Ambitious, motivated, high energy personality, possessing both leadership skills and a collaborative orientation
• Strong skills and experience with preparing workflow diagrams, use cases, activity diagrams, documenting business requirements, test plan, test scripts, training materials
• Excellent writing and editorial skills and experience developing both technical documentation and user guidance products (i.e., user manuals, guides, job aids, etc.)
• Familiarity with project management methodologies (e.g., Agile and Waterfall)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Visio; familiarity with MS Access and Smartsheets
• Strong understanding of business process redesign/reengineering, gap analysis, functional vs technical specifications, and change management
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience with gathering and analyzing requirements or quality assurance/user acceptance testing and working with an IT systems team on system implementation projects