Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State health agency.
Location: Albany, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
- Responsible for investigating complaints and developing an investigative plan for cases involving violations of State Education Law 6530.
- Conduct in-person and telephone interviews of complainants and physicians.
- Draft correspondence to subjects of investigation in compliance with NYS PHL Section 230.
- Obtain and review confidential data which may be necessary to locate subjects of investigation.
- Review and summarize all previous OPMC investigations of the subject physician.
- Document all investigative actions using the established OPMC protocol.
- Maintain the OPMC database iTrak to reflect all completed investigative actions.
- Prepare investigative summary of all actions, including recommendation for disposition of cases, as appropriate.
- Prepare and present cases before Investigation Committee of the Board for Professional Medical Conduct when evidence of misconduct is identified.
- Respond to telephone calls from licensees and complainants with questions regarding cases.
- Minimum of 3 years of the following:
Previous Investigative Experience
Knowledge of current investigative techniques and procedures
- Computer skills to include basic word processing and database applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Experience with the professional medical conduct process