Licensed Practical Nurses
· Provide general nursing care in a behavioral health setting;
· Assessing the patients’ physical needs;
· Checking and transcribing physicians’ orders in a timely manner;
· Medication administration;
· Admission, Discharge, and Transfer of patients based on physician orders;
· Assisting with procedures and physical exams;
· Conducting checks of treatment rooms for required equipment and ensuring its functionality;
· Recording appropriate progress notes and other data into the patients’ medical record;
· Supervising non-professional nursing staff; and
· Collecting vital sign, drawing blood, etc.
Candidate Qualifications and Requirements:
· License and current registration to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in NYS.
· Current CPR Card.
· Preferred qualification: Minimum one year of experience working in a Behavioral Health setting.
· Preferred qualification: Degree in nursing or in one of the following preferred Human Services fields: Counseling; Community Mental Health, Psychology, Recreation Therapy, Rehab, and Social Work.