With over 30 years of serving the NYC Metropolitan area, Penda Aiken, Inc. is one of the prime talent acquisition firms in the Northeast corridor. Our industry specialists work one-on-one with our clients and candidates, guiding them in finding the right solutions for all parties and delivering customized solutions for the best possible outcome.
Our client, a NYS addiction center, is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to provide care for those in their centers. Must be comfortable working with the homeless population.
• Conduct HIV testing including the use of rapid testing.
• Offer pre-test and post-test counseling sessions.
• Provide monthly HIV-related education.
• Maintain and track patient records, identifying patients that are due for a service or may benefit from a service.
• Promote Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) education and availability.
• For patients on PrEP, or any other preventive medication, track, their medical care.
• Coordinate and assist with insurance authorization for PrEP.
• Coordinate the transfer/link of any newly positive diagnosed patient to the HIV Retention and Adherence Program or obtain a referral to specialists.
• Prepare data reports for external agencies to the Director of Nursing and other clinic management staff.
• Maintain complete and accurate clinical documentation in patient’s EMR (electronic medical record) charts.
• Schedule and maintain the medical unit appointment book for testing and follow-up visits.
• Perform the appropriate independent nursing follow-up care for patients.
• Provide the Chief of the medical unit or mid-level provider laboratory data as they become available and follow up with LabCorp for delayed or missing data.
• Maintain the integrity of patient’s medical records, assuring all pertinent information is contained in the record.
• Update patient’s demographics and contact information in both ECR (10e11) and EMR (eCW) so that they match.
• Ensure that all applicable consent forms are signed by patients and uploaded to patients’ records and always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Assemble any additional medical information e.g Lab work or documentation from outside providers etc. in advance of patient contact for ready accessibility to the providers during the examination and upload into the patient’s chart and always maintain patient confidentiality.
• Monitor and ensure that all specimens are packaged and sent to Lab as ordered.
• Ensure lab results are received and provided to the provider before the encounter.
• Perform phlebotomy services.
• Maintain the integrity of the medical area by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Registered Nurse-Head Nurse, Clinic Director, Chief of the Medical Unit, Mid-Level provider, Chief Medical Officer, and/or Director of Nursing as outlined within the Clinical/Operational Manual, and its amendments or interim changes.
• Assume an active role to ensure the satisfaction of continuous quality improvement standards, improving productivity, and reducing denials of reimbursement for the delivery of medical services.
• Identify issues that may arise with the lab or medical equipment and give notification to the Head Nurse.
• Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills and always displays a high level of professionalism and adaptability.
• Attend on a punctual basis at least ten (10) medical meetings annually.
• Attend or participates in at least four (4) professional educational classes, seminars, or CMEs for knowledge expansion, annually.
• Responsible to maintain professional certifications and licensures.
• Licensed Practical Nursing state certificate required.
• Three (3) years of Nursing experience is preferred.
• Phlebotomy Certification.
• HIV experience a plus.
• Excellent Computer literacy in MS Office Suite and working knowledge of electronic medical records required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and co-workers.
• Strong teamwork capabilities.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Union Benefits.
Salaries range from $52,000 - $60,189