Under the general supervision and direction from the Associate Accountant(SingleFamily), performs professional accounting and additional duties including:
• Processing of mortgage transactions including mortgage billing, reconciliation, cash verification, and prompt follow-up with banks on outstanding items
• Verification of bank transactions to source documents
• Perform month-end closing of banks and preparation of month-end reports
• Daily processing of mortgage receipts
• Assist preparation of Single-Family program related reports
• Posting accounting transactions to the General Ledger
• Respond to inquiries from banks, Single Family Operations team, internal and external auditors, Agency staff and other State Agencies when necessary
- 4-year college degree in a accounting preferred, not required.
- 1-3years accounting experience preferred, not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze and understand financial statements and transactions
- General understanding of mortgage and bond accounting
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel,Windows,PowerPoint,Outlook
- Government accounting experience a plus
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.