Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State University that improves the health of the community through education, research and health care.
Location: Syracuse, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:00am-4:30pm
Qualifications & Duties (not limited to):
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in Hematology/Oncology in an ambulatory setting. If the candidate does not have ambulatory experience, Upstate may still consider them if they have Hematology/Oncology experience.
• New York State licensed/registered NP or NCCPA certified (or eligible).
• CPR and ACLS certified (or eligible).
• Possess and demonstrate working knowledge of specific techniques and sequences of steps used in performing ambulatory Hematology/Oncology services.
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Is able to see a minimum of twelve (12) patients per day.
• Able to manage multiple competing priorities including patient questions, staff questions, and in basket management.
• Work in collaboration with the attending physician and provide comprehensive health
assessments and develop a plan of care for the patient population.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Review patient's vital signs and follow proper medical record documentation protocol.
• Obtain patient's consent for treatment to ensure appropriate signatures are obtained.
• Ability to maintain patient confidentiality is necessary.
• Must not have been named as a defendant in a professional liability claim.
• Must have verification of legal right to work in U.S.
• Must successfully pass pre-employment health clearance.
• All candidates are subject to drug screening and criminal background check as described in this agreement.
• Must successfully complete all hospital mandatory testing and complete yearly mandatory