Salary: $90,000 to $110,000 per year
Under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing and the Chief Medical Unit/Physician and/or physician assistant in the absence of administrators, supervises the administration of nursing services of the medical department in the clinic, including the dispensary and medical unit.
• Manages the nursing team’s time and attendance and schedules lunch breaks accordingly to ensure nursing coverage during all times of clinic operations.
• Conducts introductory and annual evaluations of all nursing staff under supervision.
• Provides for the orientation and on-the-job training of all newly hired nurses.
• Evaluate with the approval of the clinic physician, all requests from nurses for time off, vacations, etc., and forward copy to the Director of Nursing.
• Assure the adequacy of medication and supplies in the dispensary and medical unit by performing biweekly inventory assessments.
• Provides for the daily listing of patients to whom medication was provided, the weekly intro clinic reconciliation, and the monthly reconciliation report of medication dispensed.
• Provides Research and Information Technology with the daily visit logbook sheets weekly and serves on one of the Committees of the Division.
• Responsible for the regular maintenance and inspection of dispen¬sary and medical unit equipment and the emergency medical kit.
• Reports any deviation from dispensing and medication accountability procedures immediately to the physician (or physician assistant) and Director of Nursing.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
• Assures the adequacy of nursing deployment for the dispensary, medical unit and interdisciplinary team meetings (IDT). This includes the provision to the physician of the monthly schedule by day, hour and assignment area of all nurses in the medical department at least ten working days in advance.
• Assists and supervises the provision of certified medical technicians to the physician and physician assistant in the delivery of medical care and services, including new admissions, annual physical examinations, medical follow up and methadone-related medical activities.
• Supervises the maintenance of patient scheduling, where applicable, the timely entry of medical evaluation data, and the maintenance of the daily logbook of medical unit visits.
• Perform any tasks necessary to improve the quality of care, to improve the productivity of medical staff, and to improve patient satisfaction with the medical/nursing care they receive.
• Perform any tasks necessary to enhance reimbursement and reduce denials for services rendered.
• Current New York State Licen¬sure
• Bachelors or Masters Degree preferred for a certified nursing program.
• Five (5) years experience required.
• Proven capacity to supervise and manage team objectives.
• Must be competent in the use of computerized word-processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bilingual in any language a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
• Vacation, personal, and sick leave
• Medical, dental, vision plans
• Pension & retirement plan
• Short & long-term disability
• Life insurance
• Pet Insurance
Student Loan Forgiveness Programs:
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness
• National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment