Paralegal and Legal Assistant
New York State Agency is seeking paralegals to work in the Licensed Financial Services Bureau in the New York city office.
Assist the LFS applications unit with the processing of applications for each of six industries which are supervised in the unit.
• Assist with monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on additional information to be submitted by applicants
• Analyze and prepare a summary of applicants’ financial condition
• Review background report provided by the Criminal Investigative Bureau and prepare communication concern issue/s warranting response/s from applicant
• Review and prepare summary of resumes for various individuals on an application
• Download, from the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System, information submitted by applicants and arrange into folders for each applicant
Additional duties may include:
o Review application documents for overall sufficiency based upon requirements listed in the various application checklists
o Prepare detailed report of application deficiencies, make recommendation to retain or return application, and prepare deficiency letter to advise applicant
• Excellent writing and communication abilities are preferred.
• Well-organized and team-oriented.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with higher level management staff is essential.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is a mandatory component of the assignment.
• Reliability, professionalism, and time and attendance is critical.
• Paralegals must be certified.