Paralegal and Legal Assistant
Assist the LFS applications unit with the processing of applications for each of six industries which are supervised in the unit.
• Assist with monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on additional information to be submitted by applicants
• Analyze and prepare a summary of applicants’ financial condition
• Review background report provided by the Criminal Investigative Bureau and prepare communication concern issue/s warranting response/s from applicant
• Review and prepare summary of resumes for various individuals on an application
• Download, from the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System, information submitted by applicants and arrange into folders for each applicant
Additional duties may include:
o Review application documents for overall sufficiency based upon requirements listed in the various application checklists
o Prepare detailed report of application deficiencies, make recommendation to retain or return application, and prepare deficiency letter to advise applicant
• Excellent writing and communication abilities are preferred.
• Well-organized and team-oriented.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with higher level management staff is essential.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is a mandatory component of the assignment.
• Reliability, professionalism, and time and attendance is critical.
• Paralegals must be certified.