Paralegal - Legal Division
Are you a detail-oriented and proactive paralegal with a passion for legal support? Our client is seeking a Paralegal to join their Legal Division. As a Paralegal, you will play a crucial role in supporting the legal services provided to various divisions and departments within the organization. If you're ready to contribute your expertise to a dynamic legal team, we encourage you to apply and become an integral part of our mission to ensure legal excellence.
Legal Department Overview:
The Legal Department plays a crucial role in providing legal services to the entire organization. Responsibilities encompass a wide range of legal support, including offering counsel to the Board of Trustees, managing litigation and administrative matters, mediating construction claims and disputes, negotiating contracts, responding to Freedom of Information Law requests, managing public works lien system, and assisting with conflicts of interest laws.
As a Paralegal, you will:
- Independently manage the processing of license agreements, including identifying property owners, verifying accuracy of information, tracking signatures, managing insurance certificates, payments, and updating information in the License Agreement Tracking System (LATS).
- Provide assistance with litigation, entering matters into the matter management system, supporting lien recording system entries, and managing litigation preservation notices.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of paralegal experience in real estate law, construction law, and/or litigation.
- Ability to collect and organize information from multiple sources while managing deadlines and assignments.
- Scrupulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Initiative to independently manage assignments and collaborate with internal departments for timely completion.
- Strong research skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High school diploma (or GED). A BA in Paralegal Studies is preferred, along with experience in the construction or real estate industry and/or litigation.
With over 30 years of serving the NYC Metropolitan area, Penda Aiken, Inc. is one of the prime talent acquisition firms in the Northeast corridor. Our industry specialists work one-on-one with our clients and candidates, guiding them in finding the right solutions for all parties and delivering customized solutions for the best possible outcome.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.