New York State Agency 4 month paralegal assignmen
• Provide extensive assistance to Attorneys in a busy professional legal office that handles Federal and State litigation.
• Prepare correspondence and all relevant case materials for the record.
• Electronic file management for NYMatters, including scanning, and transferring documents within NYMatters updating, maintaining, and searching NYMatters for case files.
• Perform document review, including the use of electronic discovery.
• Organize exhibits for examination before trial (EBT).
• Assist assigned attorney with State and Federal trials.
• Serve subpoenas or arrange service.
• Arrange for filing pleadings and other legal papers with the court clerk of record.
• Review discovery demands received and work closely with attorney to prepare responses.
• Assist in the review and redaction of documents for production in response to discovery demands.
• Assimilate transcripts from EBTs or excerpts from trial transcripts.
• Conduct legal research using Westlaw, Federal Court Pacer, NY Courts E-Filing and legal source materials such as statutes, rules and regulations.
• Review litigation documents such as summons and complaints, motions, affidavits and agency determinations.
• Draft and assemble legal documents (Notice of entry, hearing exhibits, legal correspondence, judgments, subpoenas, etc.).
• Analyze and process interim and dispositive decisions and orders.
• Prepare final documents for file closing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Relativity EDiscovery platform.
Education: High School - Technical Degree/Certificate Program