· Length of assignment: 1 year
· Team of 4/5 people to travel in a van to provide outreach to homeless populations
· Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
· Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
· Attend training classes to maintain certification licensure, keep abreast of new developments in the field, or maintain existing knowledge.
· Comfort and reassure patients.
· Coordinate with treatment center personnel to obtain patients' vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer emergency treatment.
· Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members or police or fire department personnel.
· Instruct emergency medical response team about emergency interventions, to ensure correct application of procedures.
· Interviews required
· Will be working with a paramedic and social worker
· Will have to go by foot to outreach
Background check required: Federal, County