Location : Buffalo, NY
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Start Date : 11/16/2020
End Date : 02/15/2021
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Prepares unit dose medications and sterile intravenous additives.
- Refills exchange cassettes.
- Assists in the preparation of outpatient prescriptions.
- Fills all floor stock orders.
- Maintains the stock of picking stations and satellite pharmacies.
- Investigates missing medications.
- Delivers medications and floor stock to the assigned nursing stations; picks up return medication; checks intravenous drug additive areas using quality improvement checklist.
- Refills and maintains Pyxis medications, anesthesia carts, crash carts and emergency kits.
- Repackages required unit dose solid and liquid medications.
- Maintains staff competency records.
- Maintains hood cleaning log.
- Checks frozen antibiotic expiration dates.
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting procedures for all sterile compounding areas used for the preparation of low-risk, medium-risk and high-risk compounded sterile products within the Department of Pharmacy.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety and compliance standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Qualifications :
High School diploma or High School Equivalency diploma and Certification as a Pharmacy Technician (cPhT) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Previous pharmacy technician experience; Pharmacy technician certification preferred but not yet required