Location : Throggs Neck, NY
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 10
Start Date : 02/17/2020
End Date : 05/10/2020
Hours : Part Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5
Required Education : Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The Physician Assist is a member of the Division of Student Affairs, and has as its primary mission to provide health and wellness care tot he students of SUNY Maritime College.
Duties are as follows:
- Provides clinical assessments and treatments of common acute illnesses.
- Responsible to see and treat all students during daily sick call.
- Utilizes consulting services of College Physician, as needed.
- Responds to campus medical emergencies.
- Documents students' visits and medical encounters.
- Provides referral resources for additional medical care and utilizes the resources of the college and surround community.
- Provides campus wide student disease prevention programming and disseminates information and develops programming concerning health and wellness issues specifically targeted to college students, e.g. diet, eating disorders, hygiene, stress, alcohol and drug issues, STDs, etc.
- Assist in the inventory, maintenance and ordering of medical equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the upkeep of the facility including cleaning, organizing and front desk when needed.
- Assists in creating and publishing policies and procedures.
- Maintain all licenses, certifications as mandated by the State of New York and all other license/certification bodies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- NYS licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience; college health experience preferred.
- Possess and maintain CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, and proficient typing skills for documentation in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Outstanding customer service skills.