New York State Agency working with Housing Renewal Projects
• Manages sub-recipient to meet the scopes and goals outlined in their contract;
• Manages the detailed throughput of applications;
• Reviews and approves program materials drafted by sub-recipient, including policy and procedure manuals and communications to applicants;
• Assists HTFC staff in processing sub-recipient invoices;
• Assists HTFC staff in creating required reports to Treasury;
• Conducts daily and weekly check-ins between HTFC and sub-recipient, to monitor program progress.
• Coordinates with HTFC’s quality control staff and finance division.
• Drafts memos, correspondence, reports, manuals, presentations or other documents, as needed.
• Conducts presentations and/or assist with preparation for community development meetings, conferences, webinars and workshops.
• Facilitates communication related to HAF, when needed, with mortgage servicers, mortgage investors - both private and the government sponsored entities (GSEs), local taxing authorities, cooperative boards, homeowners’ associations, industry trade associations and other industry stakeholders.
• Manages applicant case escalation/resolution, when needed.
• Assists HTFC staff in addressing constituent inquiries and communications to elected officials in coordination with HTFC’s government relations staff.
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Skills
• Bachelor's degree in humanities, urban planning, business, or another related field.
• A minimum of 3 (three) years of work experience in project management.
• Demonstrated understanding of affordable housing programs in NY State, and familiarity with homeownership preservation interventions. Understands and assure compliance with federal program rules and regulations.
• Affinity toward technology and ability to perform basic data analytics.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with attention to detail and professionalism in all communications.
• Well organized and self-motivated with ability to work under pressure, while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
• Comprehensive experience with Microsoft Office. Specifically: Word and Excel
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.