Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : AS3-CFS-205
Start Date : 10/22/2019
End Date : 10/24/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Provide nursing interventions and medication administration consistent with the nursing process and compliant with regulatory standards in a Juvenile Justice Correctional Center. In a small limited secure facility with female residents only; the medical clinic operates a lot like a school and the nurse would perform duties much like those in a school setting, as well as medication administration.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain inventory standards for medicines, controlled drugs and narcotics.
- Review the overall health condition of youth by preparing and continually reviewing and evaluating plans of nursing intervention to ensure that such interventions are consistent with specific and comprehensive treatment plans.
- Participate in staff training.
- Prepare clinical and administrative reports.
- Maintain infection control standards.
- Function as a member of a treatment plans.
- Additional duties will be discussed in detail during the interview
Required Qualifications :
- Licensed and currently registered to practice Nursing in New York State.
- One (1) year of post RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
- Hours: 2:00pm - 10:00pm (8 hour shifts), 40 hour work weeks, with alternating weekends off.