Position Type: Temp
Agency: New York State health agency.
Location: Albany, NY
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-5:00pm
- Perform medical reviews, including clinical reviews of medical records to identify appropriateness of care provided based on generally accepted minimum standards of medical practice.
- Responsible for investigating complaints and developing an investigative plan for cases involving violations of NYS Public Health Law, Section 230.
- Conduct telephone interviews of complainants and physicians.
- Coordinate with Medical Coordinators to review patient files to opine on standard of care.
- Draft correspondence to subjects of investigation in compliance with NYS Public Health Law, Section 230.
- Obtain and review confidential data which may be necessary to locate subjects of investigation.
- Review and summarize all previous OPMC investigations of the subject physician.
- Document all investigative actions using the established OPMC protocol.
- Maintain the OPMC database iTrak to reflect all completed investigative actions.
- Prepare investigative summary of all actions including recommendation for disposition of cases.
- Prepare correspondence to complainant and physician advising of disposition of case, as appropriate.
- Prepare and present cases before Investigation Committee of the Board for Professional Medical Conduct when evidence of misconduct is identified.
- Respond to telephone calls from the public with questions concerning Section 230.
- Registered Nurse with current license and registration and no disciplinary actions on license.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience.
- Three (3) years investigative experience.
- Knowledge of current investigative techniques.
- Computer skills to include basic word processing and database applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Experience with the professional medical conduct process.
Penda Aiken, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SUBS SUBMIT BY 12-10-2023