This incumbent will be responsible for receiving complaints against NYS Adult Care Facilities and triaging them to the appropriate regional office, other DOH programs or state oversight agency as applicable. Functions include:
· Addressing the callers/complainants concerns without interruption, while remaining understanding, supportive and focused to ensure the caller has ample opportunity to review their concerns.
· Screen complaints to determine triage decision and finalize initial report within 1 hour of receipt.
· Contact complainants to obtain additional information if necessary;
· Prepare and send correspondence to complainants regarding the disposition of their complaint(s).
· Respond to general inquiries regarding the complaint process;
· Participate in process improvement activities including daily case review;
· Assist with Management Reports;
· Participate in training and continuing education activities.
Staff person is expected, on select Saturday and Sunday/holiday, to perform the following activities:
· Retrieve voice-mail messages;
· Triage and record relevant information retrieved during weekend or holiday hours.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidate must be a Registered Professional Nurse, licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State or possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State. In addition, the Candidate must have excellent telephone, listening and written communication skills; working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and experience with complex data entry systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Must have strong interpersonal, problem solving, decision-making and time management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the ideal Candidate must have excellent writing and editing skills and be able to effectively interpret laws and regulations governing adult care and assisted living facilities in New York State.