With over 30 years of serving the NYC Metropolitan area, Penda Aiken, Inc. is one of the prime talent acquisition firms in the Northeast corridor. Our industry specialists work one-on-one with our clients and candidates, guiding them in finding the right solutions for all parties and delivering customized solutions for the best possible outcome.
Our client, a NYS addiction center, is looking for Licensed Registered Nurse to provide care for those in their centers. Must be comfortable working with the homeless population.
• Assures the adequacy of nursing deployment for the dispensary, medical unit and interdisciplinary team meetings (IDT). This includes the provision to the physician of the monthly schedule by day, hour and assignment area of all nurses in the medical department at least ten working days in advance.
• Evaluate with the approval of the clinic physician, all requests from nurses for time off, vacations, etc. and forward copy to the Chief of Medical Unit and Medical Director.
• Assure the adequacy of medication and supplies in the dispensary and medical unit by performing biweekly inventory assessments.
• Provides orientation, training, supervision and perfor¬mance evaluation of all nurses.
• Provides for the daily listing of patients to whom medication was provided, the weekly intro-clinic reconciliation and the monthly re¬conciliation report of medication dispensed.
• Assists and supervises the provision of nursing assistance to the physician and physician assistant in the delivery of medical care and services, including new admissions, annual physical examinations, med¬ical follow-up and methadone related medical activities.
• Supervises the maintenance by nursing of the appointment book, the timely entry of medical evaluation data and the maintenance of the daily logbook of medical unit visits.
• Provides the Unit of Medical Services with the daily visit logbook sheets on a weekly basis and serves on one of the Committees of the Unit.
• Responsible for the regular maintenance and inspection of dispen¬sary and medical unit equipment and the emergency medical kit.
• Reports any deviation from dispensing and medication accountabi¬lity procedures immediately to the physician (or physician assistant) and nursing supervisor.
• Perform any and all tasks necessary to improve the quality of care, to improve the productivity of medical staff, and to improve patient satisfaction with the medical/nursing care they receive.
• Perform any and all tasks necessary to enhance reimbursement and reduce denials for services rendered.
• Must possess a current New York State Registered Nurse Licensure.
• Graduated from an accredited School of Registered Professional Nursing.
• Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Three (3) years experience required.
• Must be competent in the use of computerized word-processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bilingual in any language a plus.
• Union Benefits.
• Salaries range from $72,000 - $76,000